We love to buy new sheets for our bed, as the bedroom is the most preferred and used space. Our bedroom not only reflects the lifestyle we lead but also speak volume about the personality we carry. Therefore it is very important to buy bed linens for our bed that fits perfectly and look elegant. But purchasing bed sheets is not enough to achieve that spic and span looking interiors. Taking care of them is also essential. There are few tips that can help you save a lot of money that you have spent on bed sheets.
- As very hot temperatures can weaken the fibers when washing and drying, try to avoid it.
- Use a mild detergent and wait until it's diluted before putting sheets in the washer. Undiluted detergents can make your fabric fade. Rinse properly with clean water and don't overdo the detergent because If it isn't completely rinsed out, sheets will feel stiff.
- Avoid brighteners and other bleaching agents as they weaken and discolor fibers of your bed linens. To brighten whites you can add 1/4 cup lemon juice or white vinegar to the wash cycle.
- Try to dry linens in the natural air or dry on the low or medium heat setting because over drying sheets can weaken fibers and reduce their life.
- After washing sheets, store completely dry sheets in a cool and dry place which is away from direct sunlight.
- Keep three sets of sheets for each bed so that you can rotate them weekly.
- To keep all the sets together and to keep your closet in an organized way, store each set in a matching pillow cover.